Campaign for SEL
SEL Advocacy in California
The Alliance has five major targets for our advocacy in the state. They are -
In order to form a long-term plan to combat violence and substance abuse and other school and social ills in a serious way, and to raise academic test results and dramatically improve school climate and student engagement, we should make certain that:
- Legislators, in order to promote funding for SEL development and support for Best Practice Guidelines.
- School District and local government education department decision makers, especially those who have budget authority.
- School Personnel, including teachers, administrators and counselors/psychologist and their professional associations and unions.
- Parents and parent organizations.
- Community and business leaders for joint advocacy.