Thanks to all you SEL Champions out there for far exceeding the goals of the second annual International SEL Day! We hit 12 Million views on Social Media, quite a jump even from the first years’ impressive 2 Million. This really illustrates the growing need and priority of SEL. A few more highlights from the day include:
- Trending on Twitter for 90+ minutes with 8,700+ tweets
- 2,400+ Instagram posts
- 50,000 #SELday likes across social media
- Over 3,100 partner participants, representing all 50 states and 69 countries
- More than 2,500 schools, districts, and organizations represented
- Multiple SEL Day webinars and events throughout the week
- Countless engaged educators and students showcasing their year-round SEL work
- 7 state proclamations to make SEL Day an officially recognized day in their state
- Ohio Congressman Tim Ryan – SEL Day officially entered into the congressional record!
As California SEL Champions, let’s make our collective goal for 2022 to urge our state officials to formally recognize the last Friday in March as annual SEL Day!