“Anyone who is looking for a practical and research-based guide to strengthen school communities through social emotional learning should read this book.”
– Dr. Linda Darling-Hammond, Learning Policy Institute President
Creating better outcomes for your students means academics and standardized assessments aren’t enough. You need to educate hearts.
With practical techniques for educators of all subjects, Dr. Lorea Martínez Pérez provides a comprehensive roadmap to the psychology of emotions, relationships, and adversity in learning. Be the best teacher you can be and infuse social emotional skills into any subject.
• How to create a safe, supportive school environment for more positive academic mindsets.
• A three-step process to infuse HEART skills into lesson planning.
• Indicators of mastery for each skill in the HEART in Mind program.
• Tools for teachers to develop their own social and emotional capacity.
• Over 90 activities to implement SEL into your classroom—even virtually!
Empower your students to be their best selves. Read Teaching with the HEART in Mind today and plant the seeds for a more caring, equitable future with social emotional learning! Also available in Spanish.
“Teaching with the HEART in Mind” has been selected as one of the favorite books for educators by the Greater Good Science Center at UC Berkeley.