There are no upcoming events.
A REMARKABLE PARENT AND CHILD FAIR
FOR SOCIAL AND EMOTIONAL HEALTH
An experience for the whole family teaching children how to be happier and successful while creating safer and more effective schools
HOLD THE DATE: Sunday November 3, 2019 from 1:30 pm to 5:30 pm. FREE to attend. No RSVP needed.
WHAT: An afternoon Fair with fun activities showcasing ways for children and youths to become their best selves.
PLUS: GAMES, GIFTS FROM THE LA LAKERS, LEARNING MATERIALS. Food options.
WHY: Bring your kids from 4 to teens to experience how these enjoyable techniques teach young people to manage their strong emotions, problem solve, focus, and relate to themselves and others in a healthy, constructive way. And which develop young people into well-rounded, caring and highly successful adults.
WHERE: The hosting school is Davinci Schools at 201 N. Douglas St. El Segundo, CA 90245. Free Parking.
Check out what students say about these skills: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBMJI82-QrM
We educators call this “Social-Emotional Learning.” Here are the benefits:
- Grades climb–happy students love school
- They problem solve and help each other
- They resolve conflicts
- And maintain positive relationships
- Bullying, violence and suicides decline
- Screen addiction and drug use plummet
- Race and class biases decline
- Graduation rates increase
- Mentally and emotional healthy students go on to lead
- high-achievement lives
- Employers hire for their desirable “emotional intelligence”
- (EQ like IQ)