Resources on Race, Equity and SEL
Explore these resources for stories, strategies, texts, and approaches for creating more accepting learning environments.
- 3 Skills to Discuss Racism with Social Emotional Learning
- Why We Can’t Afford Whitewashed Social-Emotional Learning
- Dena Simmons: Without Context, Social-Emotional Learning Can Backfire
- Three SEL Skills You Need to Discuss Race in Classrooms
- Four Ways Teachers Can Reduce Implicit Bias
- Let’s Talk about Racism in Schools
- Social Emotional Learning & Equity
- How Should I Talk about Race in My Mostly White Classroom?
- Confronting White Privilege
- Why Talk About Whiteness?
- Race Talk: Engaging Young People in Conversations About Race and Racism
- What White Children Need to Know About Race
- If We Aren’t Addressing Racism, We Aren’t Addressing Trauma
- A District Profile: Black Lives Matter at School
- Antiracism in Social-Emotional Learning: Why It’s Not Enough to Talk the Talk
- 4 Ways To Plan For Social Emotional Learning And Anti-Racism In Early Elementary
- Teaching Tolerance
- Pursuing Social and Emotional Development Through a Racial Equity Lens: A Call to Action
- Understanding and Confronting White Privilege in Schools: A Journey of Cultural Humility
- White Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack
- Guide For Selecting Anti-Bias Children’s Books
- A Guide to Equity and Antiracism for Educators